Monday, June 25, 2012

What We Are Using 2012-2013

I think I have almost everything picked out/purchased for Rylee and Reagan this coming year.  We will be starting July 16th.  The kids will be using mostly the same things.  Their readers will be different and the grade levels for their Math and Language Arts will reflect their own personal level, but the curricula will be from the same publisher.

Math: McRuffy

Language Arts: Total Reading (I decided to drop the GWG, WWW, and not even start the SWS, they just take too much time,  Rylee hates them and I want our work to be something they don't hate.  TR covers everything they need to at this level, it's colorful and fun, and I think they will like it much better)

Spelling:  Zaner-Bloser Spelling Connections

Social Studies: Core Knowledge and Intellego

Science: Core Knowledge and Intellego

Art: Artistic Pursuits level 1 book 1

Music: Core Knowledge and we just might start learning the recorder, if I can find it in myself to put up with hearing it..lol

I think this covers the basics.  Other stuff will be thrown in, and we will most likely do Spanish this year from Discovery Education (Elementry Spanish), but I'm not 100% set on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment