Monday, July 16, 2012

Not the smoothest start to our new year...

But not entirely bad either!

I mentioned in my previous post that we were spending this past weekend at a huge truck show.  It is a super fun weekend, but it is also very tiring going from 5am till 10-12pm in the July heat and sun for 3 days in a row.  My family really had loads of fun, but we are all feeling the effects today. 

I did learn that the money I spent on Ooka Island and Reading Eggs is paying off.  I had left The Scientist have a break in reading.  He was very reluctant and got really frustrated easily.  Today he flew through his story, and we started where we left off, so some of the words were completely new to him.  The Artist also did very good with her reading.  It's great that they play both of these games willingly.  I am kind of sad that I spent money on Click N Read, because it's not as fun and animated and my kids just don't get into it at all.

Math was pretty great, both got to play a game with their lessons.  We are finishing up last years books before we move on, and it did kind of upset The Scientist that he was in the K book still.  He is mathy and I'm thinking maybe I could move him up to 1st but McRuffy Color Math is ahead of the game in my honest opinion. 

We finished the day with our BCP geography lesson for the week. We read in the NTK book and took an imaginary trip to the moon, which lead to us exploring the composition of our Earth.  Finishing up by coloring the land and water on a simple Earth picture. (This went with K Geography lesson 3).

All in all, not a bad day, but I think it may have been a bit more fun for us all had we not been so sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment